Return of Tschirhart

Welcome Back Meredith Tschirhart

Aya Kasim, Editor-in-Chief

Along with a big and bustling new school year, Medina Valley welcomes a large group of new teachers to the panther community. However, amongst the new crowd, a familiar face has returned. English IV Dual Credit teacher, Meredith Tschirhart, has returned to her roots; her first job, at age 21, was at MVHS, teaching English and coaching cheer and dance. Since then, she has taught at UIW, Northwest Vista College, NISD, NEISD, and Central Catholic. Today, she continues her teaching career where it all began.

“My favorite part of teaching is knowing that something I said or did mattered or resonated with a young person,” Tschirhart said. “It always surprises me what sticks in the minds of my students, and it is special to know that sometimes I am part of their school memories.”

“I have very fond memories of high school,” Tschirhart said. “I was very involved, and school activities took all my time.” Her love for school can be traced back to her high school years when she took AP classes, was a cheerleader, and partook in student council, the debate team, and the yearbook. She continued her education at Texas State, double majoring in English and History, being involved in a sorority, and working as a writing tutor. 

“I am motivated by my own love of learning and the difference it made in my own life,” Tschirhart said. “My hope is to help make a difference in someone else’s.”

Tschirhart knows how to step up to a challenge. Throughout her career, she has taught College, AP, and Dual Credit classes. With years of teaching under her belt, Tschirhart has seen students come and go. For the soon to be graduating seniors, Tschirhart says:

“Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something,” Tschirhart said. “Never let someone make you feel unworthy.  It is important to follow your own path to happiness.”

If you see her in the halls or in class, make sure to give Mrs. Tschirhart a warm welcome back. We appreciate your hard work and hope you have a great year!