In Conclusion…

What I’ve learn these past 4 years

My+friends%21+

My friends! <3

Marina Garcia , Student Life and Sports Editor

With the school year coming to a close, it is time for the seniors to reflect on the last four years of their life. For me it’s waking up early for dance, the 30 minutes car ride to the school, the lunch frenzies, the gossip, the people and most importantly the lessons I have learned along the way. 

We don’t realize how many life lessons we learn in high school. How many experiences we have in high school; we find our first love, our best friend, our passion for life but we also find ourselves and what we want to be. If I were to meet “freshman year me” this year I would be happy to see that I have changed so much. I’ve grown into the person that I am today because of the lessons that I have learned in high school. 

The lessons I have learned that have changed me to the person I am today are:

1. The amount of friends you have does not matter. Four good friends are better than 14 friends that don’t even know the real you. 
  2. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. If someone doesn’t like you, don’t change for that person or anyone. 
  3. Respect will get you far in life. By being in ROTC I’ve learned a lot about respect and when you give respect you get respect back. I’ve been able to have many opportunities because of ROTC and I’ve met many people who want to continue to get to know me because I’ve shown them respect.
  4. My sense of style. Although a little cliche I’ve learned to dress for myself and not for others. To wear what you want and to express yourself how you want to be seen is a very important lesson that has taken me longer to realize than I would like. 

All of these lessons have changed me to be the person that I am today; how I would describe myself today would be a confident woman who is fully committed to making the world hers. I encourage every reader to stop trying to be someone they’re not, to study and meet their goals and to be the best version of themselves. 

This year we read a story in English and it was about seizing the day (carpe diem) and from then on I’ve realized that we need to seize the day in every way possible. Four years may seem like a long time but it goes by quicker than you realize. So I hope reading this encourages you to seize the day and be true to you and have the best high school years of your life! Because you only graduate high school once. 

Thank you for reading, Marina Garcia. future business woman of the world;)