The End is Here

One final update on the guys and gals of BPA and FFA.

Janelle De Jesus, Feature Editor

On May 8, both FFA and BPA competed one last time this year.

“I have been a part of BPA for many years, probably longer than anyone else on the team,” senior Arianna Suniga said. “I owe a lot to this team, and in a way they morphed into my super smarty pants family.” 

BPA, or business professionals of America, competed at the national level where they had five students place very high in the competition. The Administrative Support Team ranked 5 in the nation. The team consisted of Arianna Suinga (12), Amy Zinsmeister (12), and Mackenzee DeCock (12). Suniga also placed sixth in the Integrated Office Applications. Aside from these ladies, there were a couple more students. Also competing was Tyler Frail (10) and Jasmine Salazar (12) competed in Network Administration using Cisco. A big congratulations to these individuals, and since they are all graduating (minus Frail), the biggest of luck to them as they use these skills to their advantage as they navigate life outside of high school. 

“When I first joined the team I was kind of forced into it.” senior Dominick Peralta said. “Mrs.Williamson thought I would make a good fit because of my debate record, and though I never thought I’d fit in, the team quickly took me in and I felt welcomed. And hey, I even got third in district!” 

FFA, or future farmers of America competed at the district level and three students advanced to the area competition. In Senior Prepared Animal Science, Kiley Winkler (10) placed first. In Senior Prepared Ag Tech, Macy Livingston (12) placed first. In Senior Prepared Natural Resources, Paiten Trowbridge (11) placed first. In Senior Prepared Ag Business, Emma Mueller (10) placed second. In Senior Prepared Plant Science, Julia Guzman (11) placed second and in Extemporaneous Speaking Dominick Peralta (12) placed third! A huge congratulations to the members of FFA, and best of luck to those competing in the area competition this week!