Spring Break 2021

“Is it already spring break???”

Patrick Rangel, Staff Writer

By Robert Rangel, Staff Writer

This year, just like the last, has been dreadfully slow yet has passed unbelievably fast. We are already back in March. Let us take a look at this year’s spring break activities and experiences.

This time last year we were in the midst of the longest spring break we have ever had. Well, things are back to somewhat normal this year with students being able to return to school after this break. 

“Maybe the fact that we didn’t have three months of it was a good start,” junior Nate Martin said.

Family is one of the most important things in life, especially in today’s situation. In such a new environment it is amazing to see how people are spending their spring break.

“I was so excited for spring break this year because I had fun plans with my family. I went on a road trip with my family to Waco, Texas to visit Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia,” senior Katherine Rodriguez said. “I did art projects with my niece and went shopping with my sister.”

Nothing is as pure and special as a sibling bond! 

“My brother and I painted on each other’s clothes and it helped us build our relationship and it was a really special moment for me,” junior Gwen Sanders.

I went to the zoo to celebrate a friend’s birthday,” junior Juan Madrigal said. 

During spring break I invited three of my closest friends to the zoo as a birthday celebration.  It, to me, was one of the funnest days I have had in a very long time. At such a busy time in our lives it’s been hard to find a schedule that worked for us but in the end, we had an amazing day that will never be forgotten. Also not only has this trip brought us closer together but it also introduced us to the zoo’s amazing funnel cake.

This year has truly hit us with too much to handle in our lives. It is obviously a step higher than last year’s “spring break,” but even with such issues we experienced, it was truly something to appreciate. Whether it is bonding with a sibling or just a day trip with friends, it is already something that we will never forget as we get older.