LET’S CATCH UP!

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH THE SENIORS

Marina Garcia , Student Life and Sports Editor

With only five months left of the year, the excitement is upon all of the seniors. We have already bought our caps and gowns, and taken our senior pictures, now all we have to wait for is our diploma. 

Many seniors have already applied and gotten accepted to their dream school. Like Corbin Northcutt who got accepted to Mary Hardin Baylor where he will study physical education to become a coach. Northcutt has received an academic and basketball scholarship to the school. 

Katavina Wallace, Sarah Moreno, and Christan Romo will be attending Texas State University in nearby San Marcos. Elizabeth Silva and Essence Cummings will be attending Baylor University in Waco. 

Silva plans on majoring in business and/or entrepreneurship where she hopefully will open her own photography business. Like most seniors, Silva is very excited about going to college.

“I’m most[ly] excited to be able to be on my own and create new adventures,” senior Elizabeth Silva said. 

Many seniors will also be getting ready to go to basic training. Alexis Dawn is planning on joining the Air Force where she will pursue her dreams of becoming a veterinarian. 

Another senior planning on joining the armed forces is Adrian Mason. Mason has been accepted to the College of Aviation in Daytona, Florida but he is hoping to hear from the Naval Academy as well. 

Whether it is taking a gap year to find yourself, going into the military to serve our country, or going to college to better our future, the MVHS staff and seniors themselves could not be more proud at this moment. 

*Silva takes senior photos at an affordable price

Instagram: lizzyphotos2