Can’t Touch This

An update on your favorite sports teams

Janelle De Jesus, Feature Editor

Tennis: 

Our tennis team advanced to Bi-District. The team went to McFarlin Tennis Center to compete for a chance at Bi-District and make it to the second round of playoffs to create tennis history at our school. The team ended with scores of 5-2 in doubles and 8-4 in singles, leaving the team with a score of 12-6. With this win, the team advanced to the area competition, where they competed but sadly lost to Alamo Heights. 

Cross Country: 

The cross country team came out strong and brought a victory home. They came home district champions, with senior Macy Livingston bringing home a 3rd place victory as district champion. Also on the girls side, Paiten Trowbridge placed 2nd. Clara Arroyos placed 5th. Pateyn Ellis 6th, Alianna Salazar 7th place, Kayleigh Corliss 11th. 

On the boys side, Matthew Flemming ended in first place. Also in the boys, Seth Hernandez with 2nd place, Timothy Teague 5th place, Marc Castro 6th, Blake Mulvany 8th, Cade Mangan 10th place, Jett Winkler 13th place.

Best of luck to the varsity teams as they will take their quick legs to Corpus Christi on Nov, 9 to compete in the regional cross country meet. 

Volleyball: 

The freshman team took a hard loss against Harlandale losing 23-25 and 25-27, but we are sure that they will come around next game and take the next win. 

The JV team won against Harlandale that same Tuesday with scores of 18-25, 25-22, and 25-20. Their win is another for the books, and we know that next time they will come out on top in all three sets. 

The varsity team came out and showed up, crushing Harlandale and winning all three sets. The scores were 28-26, 25-15, and 25-20. These scores leave out girls with a season of 10-0, we know that the next game they will remain undefeated. 

The team is #1 in the district and will begin playoff games soon.

Football: 

The freshman team came to play, but fell short with a score of 14-21. The orange team also played, but also fell short, leaving the boys with a score of 6-20. The game was in favor of the mules, where we sadly lost. We wish the boys best of luck in their next game, hoping that they bring home a win. 

The JV boys came with big intentions, but sadly fell short to the Alamo Heights Mules. They came in strong, but sadly, too many turnovers left our boys wishing for more. We give them luck as they hopefully secure a win in their next game against the Lockhart Lions. 

The varsity boys that we know and love, played their hearts out this past game. While they fell short to the mules as well in this past game 30-0, we are sure they will win this next game with the Lions. 

Best of luck to ALL sports the rest of their seasons, we know they will do great and end Panther strong.