Victory at Every Base

Updates on baseball's noteworthy season

Varsity Baseball together for team photos.

Aya Kasim, Staff Writer

With Baseball season well underway since mid-february, the panthers were kept busy the weeks before and during Spring Break. 

On March 5-7, the varsity team hosted the South Texas Slugfest Baseball Tournament. With an ultimate three wins and one loss, those three days were ones of both team and individual victories.  Multiple hits were made by Charlie Marsh, Tristan Coker and Grant Snider. Four runs batted in (RBIs) were had by Marsh and a save by Garrett Kanak. The three wins of the tournament saw Jared Laque, Thomas Pardo, and Bobby Peterson as pitchers.

“I love pitching and my coaches have helped me improve a lot on it this year,” sophomore Robert Peterson said. “What I love about it is that if you’re pitching a good game it gives your team confidence and a higher chance of winning.”

Continuing their auspicious record, JV and Varsity slayed the Southwest Dragon with wins from both teams. With Bobby Peterson yet again on the mound and Ethan Garza coming in with a home run, JV won 8-1. For Varsity, it was a 6-4 win with Jared Laque picking up the win and JJ Marty garnered the save. In the game, a home run was made by Tannor Bippert and multiple hits from Grant Snider.

Baseball season, along with many other spring sports, has been put to a halt in light of recent global events. However, according to the Culture of Excellence Newsletter, the panthers will continue to have hope that their run for District Champions will begin again soon. 

“I hope when we get back to school, my team makes it to the playoffs and goes past the second round,” Peterson said.