Starting off the Year in the Cold.

The boys soccer teams play against Southwest Legacy.

From+left+to+Right%3A+senior+Eric+Klesel%2C+senior+Brendon+Carty%2C+senior+Case+Henrich%2C+senior+Jacob+saey%2C+senior+Pablo+Sandoval%2C+senior+Aaron+Ledesma%2C+junior+Nathen+Marasigan%2C+senior+Jacob+Castro%2C+senior+Austin+Pendio%2C+junior+Dyland+Leal+Garcia%2C+and+junior+Vicente+Gonzalas+all+lined+up+before+the+start+of+their+game.+++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Starting off the Year in the Cold.

From left to Right: senior Eric Klesel, senior Brendon Carty, senior Case Henrich, senior Jacob saey, senior Pablo Sandoval, senior Aaron Ledesma, junior Nathen Marasigan, senior Jacob Castro, senior Austin Pendio, junior Dyland Leal Garcia, and junior Vicente Gonzalas all lined up before the start of their game.

PC: Natalie Hickman

PC: Natalie Hickman

PC: Natalie Hickman

Gabriela McNelly, Tannor Lange, and Coaches, Sports editor

On January 24, the Panthers continued district play at Southwest Legacy. The Panthers struck first with a goal from senior Jacob Castro and an assist from senior Jose Rodriguez. The Panthers took a 1-0 lead into halftime. In the second half, Legacy was able to tie the game and with 2 minutes left it was Legacy finding the back of the net again to take the lead. The Panthers couldn’t answer and lose a close one 2-1. The Panthers play at home Tuesday night against the Southwest Dragons.

“ As a team we are working well together,” said Castro “ we can work on communication and listening to each other better.”

The JV boys defeated Southwest Legacy Friday by a score of 2-0. The Panthers were up 1-0 at the half with a goal from freshman Abraham Garcia. Freshman Colton Harvey recorded the second goal, with an assist from sophomore Travis Barton. The win moves the boys’ record to 1-0 in district.

“During the game we played good,” Garcia said,” for the game to come we can use more communication as a team on the field.”

The boys will play Southwest high school on January 28 @ 5:00 here at Panther Stadium.

Come out and support your Panthers!