Wins All Around the Court

The boys Varsity and JV basketball teams competed at home against Uvalde.

Senior Brayden Haney shooting a three pointer with his teammates Junior Cristian Romo, Junior Christopher Child, Sophomore Joe Tarvin, and Junior Kadien Hernandez ready for the rebound.

PC: MVHS

Gabriela McNelly, Tannor Lange, and Coaches, Sports editor

On January 21, the varsity boys basketball team played at Uvalde and won by 15. Senior Brayden Haney, senior James Gipson, Torrique Sumlin and Joe Tarvin all played a great game on both sides of the court.

“ During this game we played better as a whole team,” said Gipson “ For the game to come I feel we can work on being more aggressive during the game.”

The JV boys basketball team earned a win on Tuesday night vs the Uvalde Coyotes. Leading the team in scoring was Jake Herb and Ace Anderson. The team will have a bye on Friday and prepare for a home game versus Southwest Legacy the following Tuesday.

The freshmen boys team beat the uvalde coyotes with a score of 60-42. Stand out performances included, Dylan Gonzalez, Wyatt Schott, Tannor Vaughn and Ruben Reyes.

As a team we played pretty good,” said Schott, “ We will for the next game work on having a better start and press to make have more ball movement.”

The freshmen boys are off this Friday but will continue district play next Tuesday against Legacy high school.

Go support the boys on February 4 at home against Harlan.