Swimming on to Regionals

Swim team has 6 qualifiers to regionals at Northwest ISD Bill Walker pool for their district meet.

PC: MVHS

Relay team of freshman Jenna Boehme, senior Kaitlyn Davis, junior Camilia Lanteri, and junior Roxanna Mireles with getting ready to start.

Gabriela McNelly, Tannor Lange, and Coaches, Sports editor

On January 23 the swim team competed at Northwest ISD Bill Walker pool. They competed very well having 6 qualify to the region meet.

The women’s 200 meter relay team composed of freshman Jenna Boehme, senior Kaitlyn Davis, junior Camilia Lanteri, and junior Roxanna Mireles together placed 6th overall.

“ I feel we did very well for it only being our second meet being together as a team.” said Mireles,” We were super nervous going into the race because we knew we had a chance to make it but after it all, I was so glad I was apart of the relay.”

Junior Colton Hollon placed 2nd in the men’s 200 freestyle and third in the men’s 500 freestyle.

“ I performed pretty well, I got my personal best in my event,” said Hollon,” For regionals i feel pretty good going into it and I feel I have a good shot at state.”

Sophomore Jett Winkler placed fourth in both the men’s 200 individual medley and men’s 100 butterfly. Junior Camilla Lanteri placed 5th in the women’s 100 breaststroke.

PC: MVHS
Sophomore Jett Winkler stands at the podems to receive his 4th place award in the 200 individual medley.

The honorable mentions of the meet were the men’s medley sophomore Jett winkler, senior Seth Stuart, Freshman Jackson Lowell , and Junior Colton Hollon and 200 freestyle relay composed of sophomore Jett Winkler, senior Seth Stuart, junior Colton Hollon, and sophomore Lazarus Maldonado placing 7th. They are both in the alternate spots to compete in regionals.

Regionals will be held in Sugar Land on January 31 for preliminaries and February 1 for finals. Wish them luck !