The Ball of the Ball

spring banquet shines on its athletes.

PC: Lindsey Persyn

The girls are recognized for all their achievements throughout the season.

Derrick Moreno, Staff Writer

With a late start, the banquet kicked off to an easy start with a nice prayer and a spaghetti dinner for the winners. Once the seating was in order and everyone was settled in with their food out, came the awards for the first events.

The sports banquet was held to honor those who made great achievements for the spring and winter seasonal sports. With it being some students last banquet ever, they had some mixed feelings for this event.

“ It was very fun and really formal, I had fun talking with my friends. Even though it was sad knowing it was my last banquet, it gave me time to really reflect on our progress,” senior Isaiah Salinas said.

It was not all sad, Lexi Neeb and Logan Masters both received MVP for their achievements in track. These awards were great milestones for the track team but the next awards were something of importance.

Devin De La Fuente received a $500 scholarship from the athletics booster club. Awards like these will definitely continue to inspire students to work hard to meet their goals.

“ I got a $500 scholarship which may not seem like much, but it is still better than receiving nothing,” senior Devin De La Fuente said.

With an end of an era for athletics another one comes in, a never-ending cycle will continue to bring champions to Medina Valley.