The Panthers could not stay above Alamo Heights.

The Panthers tried to take down Alamo Heights but the Mules kicked back too hard.

PC: Chelsea Quintanilla

The Panthers charge out of the helmet to give the mules a run for their money.

Derrick Moreno, Staff Writer

The freshmen orange and black team both hosted Alamo Heights here at home.  In the first game, Jacob Deluna had 2 first-half interceptions. During the second half, Alex Rivera turned an interception into a touchdown. Followed by a two-point conversion by De’anthony Evans. Glenn Machen had a fumble recovery and Evans had a nice run at the end of the game. The final score was 8-0 with Panthers on top. The black team ended their first drive with a 30-yard touchdown run by Bobby Peterson. After the Mules scored, the Panthers blocked the point after attempt. Later on, Peterson scored on a 70-yard run followed by a great goal-line stand from the defense. To end the first half, Seth Bullard batted down a 2 point conversion attempt. During the second half, Josh Bazan had a nice run to set up another touchdown from Peterson. After another failed attempt for a two-point conversion by the Mules, the Panther offense drove the ball down the field with a chance at the end of the game. “I think we played really good, but they were a very tough team. Our team will definitely use it as a valuable lesson.” Christian Garcia said. The Panthers came up just short 21-26. Their next game will be at Kerrville on Thursday, November 8, 2018.

JV had a great game beating the Mules on their own turf in Alamo Heights. With optimism in their hearts and confidence in their heads they were ready for a challenge. “The defense did a really great job against Heights and I’m happy with the work we put in.” junior Gustav Nikolaisen said. Big plays were made keeping the Panthers several steps ahead of the Mules. The offense made strong drives to get points on the board.  The defense put up a strong wall that heights had a small success at getting through. At the end of the game, the Panthers came out with a score of 35-14. Their next game is at home Thursday, November 8, 2018

Varsity kicked it back at home against Alamo Heights to create another win for the boys. The game started off neck and neck with Panthers up by one. It did not take long for the Mules to quickly catch up and pass the Panthers. The offense did its best to keep up with the Mules coming for a moment of redemption. And for the drive to tie it up the ball was fumbled and the Mules scored again. Keeping the Panthers out of end zone the game came to an end. The Mules took the win and the Panthers took away another valuable lesson of not giving up.”They were a tough team and we could have performed better but, we put in 100% effort.” senior Josh Valenzuela said. Their next game will be at Kerrville to Play the Antlers Friday, November 9, 2018.