Panthers Blow up the Rockets

The Panthers faced the rockets and kept them grounded.

PC: Amira VanLeewan

Logan Masters breaks down as the Rockets fly around him.

Derrick Moreno, Staff Writer

The Freshmen team faced the San Antonio Kennedy Rockets Wednesday, October 10, 2018, and came out with a win. Bobby Peterson made a long run and helped set up Josh Bazan score a touchdown. Alex Medina blocked a punt in the first half, then after a 4th down defense put up. Josh Bazan was able to score another touchdown with the help of their offense. Damien loy was able to make an interception and set up Bobby Peterson to score a touchdown.The Panthers put in hard work to walk away with a win 21-8. Their next game will be in Uvalde battling the Coyotes Thursday, October 18, 2018.

The JV shut out the Rockets last night here at Panther Nation. Offensively, the team put together six touchdown drives with Aaron Ledesma making a 45-yard touchdown. The second score came out of a 5-yard run by Christian Flores. The third score was made out of a 40-yard touchdown reception by Tanner Haby to Rhett Kindred. “We crushed them! It was a great win and built a lot of confidence for us,” sophomore Rhett Kindred said. The JV team is feeling very confident which they should for how hard they worked. This was followed by a 25-yard, a 10-yard, and a 2-yard touchdown. Defensively the Panthers put together another strong performance shutting out the Rockets. Three takeaways occurred with Tyler Mangum having two interceptions and Nathan Weiblen with a fumble recovery.

Varsity traveled to SA Kennedy to send the Rockets to the moon. In the first half of the game, the Panthers hit hard. Drive after drive lead to multiple touchdowns with the Rockets struggling to stop them. Defensively, the Panthers held a strong line of defense, keeping the Rockets from scoring. In the second half, the excitement continued with the Panthers getting more yardage as well as points. As the second string linebackers went in, the Rockets made some strong plays and were able to score a single touchdown. “Everyone played well and the win will help us get better for the next district games,” senior Joel Ortiz said. With optimism and confidence in their hearts and minds the Panthers are in good shape. As for this game they definitely were in good shape by showing their powerful performance and hard work.Although the game could not end it in a shutout, it was still an entertaining game with the Panthers winning 42-7. Their next game will be Friday October 19, 2018 against Uvalde.