Coming In Live From MVHS

Welcome the official MV Broadcast Network

PC: www.MVBN.net

PC: www.MVBN.net

Aya Kasim, Staff Writer

Throughout the years, Medina Valley has gone out of its way to incorporate all means of technology into the lives of students. From the constant flow of new computers, to school emails, Google Classroom and now our very own sports broadcasting network.

In the Spring of 2018, Panther sports supporters Jeff Stivors and Duane Garza decided to create the first ever Medina Valley Broadcast Network.

”Jeff and I saw other communities were covering their local sports and we wanted to do the same thing,” Duane Garza said.

Together, the men designed a website, bought all needed equipment, and found other local voices to partake in the experience.

By then, two grew to a total of five. When Stivors was named owner and Garza the play by play analyst, they hired Maurey Stein and Jarod Luckey to become co-commentators/talk show hosts. Also added to the mix was Garrison Garza, the broadcast’s student intern.

“I just help at the games when needed. I get to be useful instead of just cheering in the stands,” Garrison Garza said.

As a team, this group of five provides Medina Valley sports fans with abundant amounts information on schedules, gamecasts, and scores. They present links to live events on game day and interview many kinds of MV sport participants.

“[We try] to cover more than just football,” Garza said, “We want to give fans the opportunity to hear the games they can’t attend.”

The network’s broadcast of the September 21 football game against Lockhart received over 2,000 listeners on its website www.MVBN.net.

“[We want] to expand,” Garza said, “to broadcast more than one game at a time and increase coverage of MV athletics.”

Though the Medina Valley Broadcast Network is currently a new program  to the district and a stunning concept to our minds, it has clearly made and continues to make a significant impact on Medina Valley sports.

Thank you MVBN.