The Clubs of MVHS Pt.1

Here are just a few of the many clubs MVHS is privileged to have.

The Clubs of MVHS Pt.1

Dominick Cooper, Staff Writer

Medina Valley High School is very lucky in the fact that we have so many wonderful clubs to choose from. Here are just a few of those magnificent opportunities.
Subtitle this
A new club this year is the Financial Futures Club. This club focuses on student’s finances. It is sponsored by Mrs. Perry and student-lead by senior Ryan McCauley.
“We do a stock market game and give out scholarships,” Mrs. Perry said.
The stock market game consists of teams of three to five players, and lasts from October 9 to December 14. This game allows you to win spectacular rewards such as scholarships.
They also do the H&R Block Challenge. It begins in the Spring and they focus on traditional financial skills, paying bills, and saving money. There is also the chance to win up to $20,000 in scholarship money.
Subtitle this
Then there’s the brand new Science Club. It is run by Mrs. Esquibel, Mrs. Perritano, and Coach Reinhart. Currently.They are currently trying to get feedback from students to see what they want to do.
“We are hoping to be able to do experiments that we can’t do in the class,” Mrs. Esquibel said. They are hoping that this group of students will set the foundation for the club, so it will hopefully become one of the bigger clubs on campus.
Subtitle this
Another club is the long lasting International Society which has been around for roughly 30 to 35 years. They have about 45 members. Mrs. Lee is the club supervisor and has been the adviser for 11 years. They have a spring trip to the Market Square in San Antonio scheduled for later in the school year. They also take a trip to the Texas School for the Deaf. They spend a lot of the year running service projects for the community.
Subtitle this
Finally, we have the Chess Club. Every month they hold a tournament to see who is the best on the board. The Club is run by none other than Mr. Brown. They do not do much other than hanging out, playing chess, and have some fun! The perfect way to spend your extracurricular time.

These are only a few of the many clubs here on campus. Check back in next week for more clubs!