MVHS is Making a Splash!

The new swim team is starting off strong!

MVHS is Making a Splash!

Dominick Cooper, Staff Writer

This year is the beginning of a new sport here on campus. This is the first year we have the privilege of having our very own swim team.
”I’ve swam for a few years now, and I plan to keep doing it” Micah Gerdes stated. The team consists of roughly twenty girls and twenty boys.
” I swam in High school, well, and my entire life” Coach Schmidt said. She is the new head coach for swim; she is also the Newspaper and Yearbook adviser, and teaches junior level English.
”I think [conditioning] is ok to do every now and then” Alizae Arcos said. So far the swim team has only been conditioning on land. Conditioning for those of you that don’t know, is essentially working out. Their first week of training consisted of running a mile, spending a day in the weight room, running bleachers, then to top it off, running another mile. The swim team will eventually begin going to Palo Alto Community College for water conditioning. They will take a bus to go there three times out of the week. Soon they will be divided into three groups. The groups are Varsity, JV, and Practice team. Their first meet is on October 5 at Palo Alto Community College. The competition is open to whichever school located in San Antonio would like to participate.